System Customer: Latvian State police, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Latvia.
System purpose: automation of the main functions of the Latvian State police specialists, development and production of special electronic instruments (devices). Stationary and mobile object equipment – working places of State police specialists.
The project is implemented and operates successfully for more than ten years. Project development continues.
The main modules of the System:
- Resource dispatching: appointment, management of State Police Patrols, task execution control;
- Patrols work quality control directly in the police cars;
- Technical equipment in police cars and stationary monitoring objects.
- Resource dispatching: realized by using “SmartMonitor” system, developed by our Company, for more details please see the “Products” section.
- Fixing the event (call), appointment of the patrol and special vehicles.
- Patrol Control on the particular call.
- Control of the police patrol work directly in vehicles, automation of the functions below:
- Patrol authorization: by receiver touching with electronic key (I-Button).
- Authorization is performed by the patrol inside the vehicle before leaving on a mission. This procedure is also confirmation of electronic system efficiency, including: data transmission means, video, radar, video recorders, offender identification system, sound and light warning devices, other special components of the system installed in a particular machine.
When System is activated (turned on) on the monitor and on the tablet terminal are displayed virtual buttons. With these instruments it is possibly to realize following features and capabilities:
- “Current time” – in all vehicles the time is synchronized with the system of monitoring and management of State police services;
- “communication with the server” – control the automatic selection of operator and connection to the servers and databases of Latvian State police databases.
- “video-radar status” – information about activated video cameras and radar antennas (front – back), as well as information about special settings relating directly to the system of video recording.
- search for radar detectors on the air – searching for offenders (participants of the movement), who are installed radar detectors in their vehicles.
- automated system to identify offenders “Video-registration” – scans the flow of vehicles and automatically detects state machine numbers. Sends automatically request to the database about detected numbers, and, in the case of violations (theft, a ban on the use, problems with safety standards and others) the vehicle can be stopped to ascertain the circumstances.
- “Remote video monitoring” – controls statement of the events in and around the vehicle. Remote control of all cameras installed in the state police car, video and audio materials recording by the dispatcher.
- POS-terminals – bank terminal is connected to the onboard computer «SmartCar», allows to pay fine by credit card on the spot.
- compact printer installed in the state police car and connected to the onboard computer «SmartCar», allows printout offence protocol;
- An automated information request about the driver – by scanning a driver’s license with a special device system using «SmartCar» on-board computer automatically sends a request to databases of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Latvia and displays all information about the offender;
- “Navigation” – allows to search for the location of the desired object and to construct the route to it.
- In an emergency case allows to playback programmed alerts (fire, terrorist attack, natural disaster, etc.);
- Visual notifications about required actions of the offender, provided by electronic information display in front of the rear window of a patrol car.
- basic device control (radar, sound signals and flashing lights) by using wireless remote controls on the handlebar of a police car.
3. Technical (computer) equipment of patrols in police cars and stationary monitoring objects.
In the “Gallery” section there are examples of the layout of electronic devices installed in patrol cars.
All mentioned above external electronic devices are connected to the on-board computer.